Monday, April 30, 2012

Busy Activities, Week 5

Sorry this is late, but here are a couple new activities that we had on schedule last week.

Cones: This activity was endless. I picked up two packs of cones from the dollar section at Target (that’s where I get most of the materials for their activities).

731C4044

We explored different ways to stack the cones.

731C4046

731C4048

And made patterns with the cones, of course.

731C4055

And made obstacles for them to hop, jump, and run around.

731C4062

We also did hide-n-seek with the cones and by the end they were using the cones to collect their favorite toys. Two year olds love to collect. We got about 2 hours out of this activity, and that’s a winner in my book!

Window Tracing/Drawing: I’m always looking for new mediums to color/draw/trace on. We have some washable window markers, so I figured we could have some fun with tracing through the windows!

731C3844

On plain paper I made different designs. You could also do letters, number, addition problems… or whatever it is your little one is learning.

731C3842

Then I hung them from the outside so the kids could trace them from the inside (the opposite would work to on a nice day!).

731C3847

And then let the monsters loose with the markers. I showed them the concept of tracing on the first couple, and then let them go to town.

731C3862

731C3850

They ended up filling in the shapes, but they had fun doing it and that’s the important part!

731C3859

And my favorite step … give them each a wipe and convince them that cleaning the windows is fun!

731C3874

No comments:

Post a Comment