Monday, August 13, 2012

My Review: Double & Triple Strollers

I wanted to put my two cents out there on the whole doulbe/triple stroller world. I have a strict policy of getting everyone out of the house at least once a day, and I’m often asked how I do it with two 2 year olds and a 1 year old. So here is my review of the wheels behind my madness:

The first stroller I ever bought was the Graco Duoglider. I bought it because two infant carriers can click in and once the twins outgrew their infant carriers they could sit in the seats with full seat belts. This stroller is a champ. As my kids grew I appreciated the light-weight design and the ample storage space. After my third child was born I learned that the bottom storage space could also be used for a tired kid. We got creative with making this double stroller work as a triple.

313672_678132814336_1337449327_n[2]

IMG_1248[3]

IMG_1872[3]

When my twins were a year and a half, my youngest daughter was born. The twins were still not old enough to walk everywhere and everyone having a seatbelt is occasionally priceless (parking lots!). So we bought the Joovy Triple Stroller. We call it our limo, and if you have anything smaller than a Suburban it might not fit in your car. The infant carrier (or two) click in, there is a back seat, and the far back seat is also a standing area for the third child. It is heavy (like all triple strollers), but it definitely does the job!

IMG_1974[3]

As my youngest started walking and everyone wanted in and out of the stroller (and over and over), we wanted something that would give the kids a little more freedom. We got the Choo Choo Wagon. This wagon is great because it is lightweight, can be rinsed out, the kids can get in and out on their own (there are also seatbelts), each “car” has a cup holder, and it just plain looks cool! And let’s face it, a little separation between kids is only a good thing. This is our vehicle of choice for a walk to the park, a trip to the zoo, or trailing down the beach.

IMG_4364

I generally prefer the tandem style strollers because they are easier to maneuver in crowds or store aisles. We do have a favorite side-by-side double stroller though. When the twins were a few weeks old we invested in a Double BOB Stroller. This stroller is great in all weather, all terrain, and is very lightweight and easy to move. I can easily fit 4 kids in this (one on each of the foot rests), and we still regularly use it with our trio.

IMG_0236[3]

And you know what… even when my youngest was just a little thing, even a simple single stroller and letting the older ones “push” was sometimes easiest!

IMG_1224[3]

I hope some of this information was helpful and if you have a favorite triple/double stroller I’d love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment